Learn more about this versatile, efficient and Earth-friendly energy source!
There’s so much more to propane than running your BBQ grill. Check out these five facts about propane and prepare to be surprised at how much it does for your home, your business and the environment.
- In 1910, Walter O. Snelling, a chemist, was the first person to identify propane as a volatile component in gasoline. He sold the patent for propane to Frank Phillips, the founder of Phillips Petroleum, in 1913, for $50,000. That’s $1.3 million in today’s dollars.
- Propane is named as an alternative fuel in the 1990 expansion of the Clean Air Act as well as the 1992 Energy Policy Act. Why? Because it’s one of the cleanest-burning fossil fuels and will not harm air, water, soil, marine life or plant life if there’s a leak.
- The propane industry contributes about $46 billion a year to the United States’ gross domestic product.
- Almost all of the propane used here in the United States is produced domestically, much of it being a byproduct of natural gas processing.
- Propane heating systems and other propane appliances have efficiency ratings of about 95%, and some go even higher. Propane is great for your home, both indoors and out, running heating systems, fireplaces, space heaters, water heaters, stoves and cooktops, clothes dryers, generators, patio and deck heaters, and more.
Get in touch with the propane professionals at Superior Propane, and we’ll hook you up with the propane products and services you need for your northern Arizona home or business!
We hope you like it
A lot has changed since our family got into the propane business in 1956.
Technology has brought about some of those big changes. And we like to stay abreast of the latest technology. With that in mind, we’re offering our new website, which was created for you, our 21st-century customer.
Our first priority in building the new Superior Propane website was to make it even more user-friendly than before. Our updates offer more information that you can use, and, we think, a better customer experience. Updates that we have made include:
- More information about Superior Propane, as well as the products and services we offer
- Better website organization so that you can easily find what you need
- Direct access to your Superior Propane online account, where you are able to pay your bill, review your past propane usage and more
- A searchable guide to the Superior Propane service area
- A section devoted to our commercial services, so that local builders and businesses can find out more about what we can do for them
- Simple and easy-to-use online forms for contacting Superior Propane and becoming a customer
- A topical and informative blog that keeps you up to date on Superior Propane’s products and services
Bookmark our website and check in frequently, as we will be updating regularly with special deals and offers, useful tips, interesting blog posts and more, all to help you save money while your northern Arizona home stays comfortable.
What do you think of the new Superior Propane website? Get in touch with us and share your opinion!